Sunday, November 13, 2011

DaRe_DeVil Charity run

On Friday the 28th I took part in a Charity run In Durban Central aimed at raising funds for males with prostate and Testicular Cancer. A charity event that made complete and utter sense to me as a Triathlete and a definite feeling of responsibility to take part.
Some mates and I at the finish.
A crazy statistic like one in twenty four males have Prostrate Cancer be that diagnosed or not. Besides running the streets of Durban in peak hour traffic in only one garment of clothing it was reassuring to know I had done something in my minimal capacity towards a great cause. The stories of lost ones due to this disease is on going and we all need to take a stand. We all know of someone with Cancer or perhaps your relationship runs deeper so support the cause where ever you are. For any further Info check out the link Dare DeVil Run
I was branded with daREDevil

All the gentlemen before the start getting use to the bare minimal. I for one included, although now having run the streets I am rocking my Speedo when ever possible, be it public beaches or public pools! Perhaps also an incentive to get rid on my cycling tan.
the irony of this symbol
Had a good chat with this guy before the race, he had paired up with an office colleague and both were running in honor of a lost friend.
Even male dogs were represented
I funny sight seeing this pooch at the start with a representative Speedo as he pranced around, doing it for the furry guys.
posterous photo
Dwayne and I at the finish


The Youtube Video

No comments:

Post a Comment