Monday, May 21, 2012

Xterra ITU Cross Triathlon



While it offers some peace of mind knowing im not the only one who missed out on racing in such a prestigious event such as the ITU Cross Tri worlds I still cannot feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. Sighted well before the base period had finished I selected to race at ITU Championships in Pelham ,AL








Months of preparation have been thrown together towards finding some form to compete at this event and to say I am disappointed would be an understatement. Such is the nature of SA unions I should have seen the writing on the wall when it came down to the crunch and politics involved in qualifying for this event and the lack of prompt response via email. While my situation is completely different from that of Dan Hugo I can kick myself for not having followed the right path to be granted entry into the event. As the saying goes "we live and learn". However its still got to be said that after my emails back and forth to TSA (Triathlon South Africa) about my immigration process and my reasons for not having registered with TSA this year there was no consideration nor attempt to help me gain entry even at age group level. It makes me wonder how the depth of SA sport can grow when the unions aren't willing to help out their athletes.


For now I turn my attention to other racing and hope to avoid this situation in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment