Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A pure lifestyle!

It has been 3months now, 3months living at altitude - approximately 1600m above sea level over 6000ft and it has become my training MECCA, it has everything a multi-sport athlete requires to be at his best. It truly is an amazing place with lots to offer... Quality air(healthy living), breath taking views (pleasure), hills/mountains(get the heart rate up), dams(for open water swims), miles of dirt road (for mountain biking of course) which mostly lead to The Sani Pass i.e. Lesotho and other great areas like Giants Castle, and Kamberg. Some tranquil rides and scenic trail runs.

This amazing landscape is where I find solitude and simplicity in life. If I need to BreakAway, I simply put my kiks on and off I go, "ah today I will climb this mountain"...!
The beauty of life is all around us, we've just become so accustomed to people, cars, buildings, noise and we forget that the finer things in life are at our door step...

Random story...
For some time now Ive been dreaming of bigger things...One particular dream that comes to mind is a journey. I try to imagine what it would be like to ride my bicycle from Durban up the East coast of Africa until I can go no more, Why you ask? Well just to get lost, explore, meet new cultures and experience life from a different perspective. I would look forward to the Mozambique coast for the most part because of its tropical terrain and I have heard great stories. But Why Start in Durban? Considering where I am situated on the globe,  it is the closet city on the coast and it would seem practical for me to start there. My goals first and foremost would be getting away from everything and heading into the unknown..Just me, my bike and a back pack with the bare necessities. Who knows I might not make it far but if I dont try I will never know what is out there. Another immediate goal would be to get as far up the coast as I can before I turn and head home. It would be an epic adventure possibly over several weeks, months, however as I sit and type this two movies come to mind... "Into the Wild" and the "Legends of the Fall". Perhaps I pursue this journey in my sub conscious mind. Im sure I will return like Tristan (Brad Pitt) after his adventures in Africa. Maybe not with a rifle slung over my shoulder but the picture would tell a thousand stories...

To my sponsors, a big thank you for the support through the later part of this year.. I would not be where I am today without you. Thank you Mr H....(Wayne. H. Scrap Metal)

Thank you Kieron Phillips @ Xtreme Nutrition, branches in Pietermaritzburg and Hillcrest check the link under "MY SUPPORT". With out the supplements my performance would be lacking.


No comments:

Post a Comment